Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New year!!!!!! :)‏

With the crazy holiday schedules, we actually heard from Callie this morning.  It seems like forever since she has sent a weekly email (actually 2 weeks Emoji)!  She was "stranded" in Aberdeen, Scotland for x-mas due to bad weather and the cancellation of their ferry.  THANK YOU to everyone who sent gifts and emails/letters to her.  She was very grateful!!  Cort and I appreciate all your love and support for Callie!
 
Hey there fam!!
Wow can you believe it's already 2014??!!!!! Crazy how fast time flies!! It was almost a year ago that I got my mission call and now I've been out for almost 7 months! Surreal. Oh before I forget....dad, I got your x-mas package!!! THANK YOU!!! Love ute clothes!!! :) And family, THANK YOU for the Christmas presents!!! wow, I am blessed! mom, good job on those shirts....soo cute!! I love you guys!!!

So the past two weeks have been soo hectic but exciting!! Spending the week in Aberdeen with Sis Powell was great! She is an amazing missionary and I loved serving with her for the week. Once the concert week was over, Sis Rousseau and I were supposed to catch the ferry on the 23rd, well, with my luck, it got canceled! ha So we ended up spending Christmas in Aberdeen! It was actually lots of fun! We got to go to a Rugby game on Boxing Day which was so amusing! I loved it! We ended up getting back on the island on Friday night and guess who got baptized on Saturday....HUGH!!!! :) Here are the details....
HUGH: Well his baptism was great!! Satan sure was involved because the water was ice cold! But it didn't stop Hugh from getting baptized. He asked Sis Rousseau and I to speak at his baptism we spoke on baptism and the holy ghost! It was a great night! I couldn't stop smiling the whole time! Hugh is such an example to me! I truly look up to him. He has so much faith and he didn't let anything stop him. He was so prepared and I'm so happy and proud of him. He then got confirmed the next day (Sunday) and it was so spiritual. It was brilliant!!
BELLA: She's doing good! We actually haven't seen her for about 3 weeks because we've been away. We were planning on seeing her on Monday but she canceled because she had to go to Inverness. Sad news....so her father-in-law who is a VERY strong member of our branch just found out he has lung cancer. Bella has been handling it well but I just feel so bad. She loves him so much. Just makes me grateful for the plan of happiness :)
FIONA: We are seeing her next Tuesday! Cant wait!!!
So this week has been good! Lots of stress, excitement, and celebrating! Its been fun! Oh and today, we are flying to Glasgow to go to our Zone meeting. We are coming back on Saturday! Should be fun!

Well family, I love you!! Skyping was GREAT!!! You all haven't changed a bit! haha I miss you all! have a great week!!! xoxoxo

love,
Sister Firth :):)
p.s. pics!! on the bus in Aberdeen with sis rousseau and sis powell, hugh's baptism and the utes jersey dad sent me!!! :) GO UTES!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment