Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving!!‏

Hola fam!!!
So how are you all?? How is little Lexi doing?? So glad she's out of the hospital! Big relief! Goodness, what is with all of the Firth girls having scary pregnancies?
This past week has been good! Update on investigators...
ANDREW: Well, he goes in for surgery on the 3rd of December and he is very scared. He got a priesthood blessing last monday and he definitely felt the spirit. It was amazing. He called us a couple of nights ago and said that he cant take anything in right now because he needs to focus on the surgery so he kind of dropped us but not really because he's still interested but wants to learn after the surgery! Oh and Debbie, who lives in Utah and taught him about the BOM, knows Mickelle Horton who i went to high school with! Cool huh!! Small world! So ya thats Andrew!
BELLA: Bella is doing great!! We were planning on teaching her the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Friday but she wasnt in the mood and we had a feeling we werent going to be teaching it so we brought an Ensign just in case! We read a talk about Grace. It was soo great! The spirit was so strong when we read the talk. She loved it and guess what....she prayed!!!!! That is a huge step for her so i was really happy about that!! So she is doing great! :)
HUGH: Hugh came to church again! He's doing so good! We taught him the resoration last tuesday and he ate it up! It was brilliant!! The spirit is always so strong in his house. So he's slowly progressing but he still wont read the BOM. We asked if we could read it to him or with him and he said no and that he will read it when he's ready so that was totally fine! Dont want to rush him! But i definitely think he's going to be baptised in the future!
So it was a good week! We had President Clancy come to our branch yesterday who is the 1st counsler in the mission presidency. He is a great man! We told him that we love it up here and we hope to stay for a while and he said that he'd put in a good word to President Brown!! Whoop whooop!! saweet!! Thats us staying for a while! No problem with that! :)
So as you all know its thanksgiving this week....i am so excited! We are eating turkey dinner at the senior couples home! We have a way busy week this week so we are way excited about that! I guess that if you would've asked me a year ago what i was thankful for, my answer would be different than it is right now....I am thankful for many things but my main ones are my wonderful family, amazing friends, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I cant even begin to explain how grateful i am to have a great family like you guys! My friends are amazing! I dont know what i would do without them! And the gospel, well, its my life. I know i wouldnt be out here serving the Lord without it! Im so thankful to be serving a mission in this beautiful country. Its so amazing and im so thankful for how happy its made me and how much its blessed my life. Im so thankful for Jesus Christ and what he did for me. There's so much to be thankful for but i chose the 3 most important things in my life.
I love you all! thank you for all of your support! So thankful for my great family! i miss you all!!

love,
Sister Firth :)
 
p.s.  our new high vis vests we bought today! :) so we dont get hit by cars!" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment