Monday, June 2, 2014

Run Forest Run!!!‏

(Okay this isn't my weekly email but I want to email all of you and tell you some news.....So sister Kilee Cuff went home today. :( Sister Caswell and I are so sad and feeling so deflated. She has tontilitis and has to go home to get surgery. She called us on Sunday night to tell us and said that she feels at peace with it and so does president brown. Ah I feel lost without her. She is my best friend out here. But God has a plan for everyone so we'll see what hers is! Just wanted to tell you all that! k I'm gonna start my weekly! ha love yous all!!!! :) xoxo)

Callie is doing so great!!!  I can't believe she is at the point that she "doesn't want to come home"! ha:)  Words a mother wants to hear :)  Thanks to all of you for your continued support of Callie and prayers on her behalf!  We love you all!

Lisa :)


Hey family!!!
 
Well to start off, can you believe that it's June?!!! Crazy how fast time is flying!!! I have to admit that this past week, I've been feeling scared and not ready to come home! I know I have 6 months left, but I don't wanna come home! It just seems weird to me lately......missionary work has been my life for the past year and I love it. Anyways, I think its Davis' birthday this week...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVIS!!!!!!! How old are you now like 50? haha jk! love ya!!
 
So I guess I'll start off with the bad news....Mharhi isn't getting baptized anymore. :( Here's the story....so on Friday, we went over to see her. She told us that she had prayed the night before to see if baptism was right for her. She said that God told her that "He wants her to get baptized but if she doesn't, He'll still love her and that to keep studying the scriptures." Well, once she told us that, Sister Caswell and I both agreed that yes, that is what God would say. Mharhi is His daughter and He would still love her. But then we thought, since He told her to read her scriptures, she should know that she needs to be baptized (2 Nephi 31). She doesn't want to live the Word of Wisdom. She says that she drinks only once every 6 months but doesn't want to give that up. We told her we wanted to still teach her the lessons so she agreed to that. Lets hope God can change her mind and that she'll understand the scriptures. We actually read 2 Nephi 31 with her last Wednesday but I guess she didn't take it all in. Pray for her!!
 
The Craigies are still busy. Actually, Fiona, the mom, is prego!! So that's exciting but they are so busy that they never have time to meet with us. So lets hope they do this week! The Winter family....well, we dropped them. They just weren't meeting with us and kept canceling so we are going to let them come to us. Scott is doing good. We saw him and his mom wants them to come to church so we're trying to encourage that. Pamela's daughters are doing great! They are our only 2 progressing investigators right now but I love them so much!! They are so cute! We are teaching them tonight about the BOM! And are going to set up a week when they can come to church! YAY!! :) Allistar hasn't met with us either and neither has Rhonny. So that's pretty much it! ha None of our investigators will meet with us so that's a bummer but God has so many people out there for us to teach. We just need to hunt them down! :) haha Sister Caswell and I feel like stalkers sometimes. We are trying by all of our potentials that we have in the area book from 2009. Missionaries are the best stalkers!! haha love it!!
 
Cool story....so we were walking to the bus station the other day to go to an appointment. Our WWWW (who, what, where, when) was a girl for Steven, who is a member here. He is an RM, he's already dating someone but we want to find another girl for him haha ya know, to keep his options open! So we found one!!!! Her name is Ainsley!! She is 22 and is perfect and sooo cute! She isn't religious but is curious so we had a nice chat with her and gave her a BOM. And we also invited her to dinner at the McNally's (steven's parents) so we'll see how that goes this Friday!! Wedding here we come! ;) haha I'm totally joking! well, kinda!
 
So I'm doing something crazy....I'm doing a 40 day fast!!! Look it up, its called the Consecrated Missonary by Elder Gene Cook. Its awesome! It'll explain what the 40 day fast is. So yep, that's me for now!! oh and fyi...WE HAVE RAN FOR BUSES ALL WEEK!!! It reminds me of Forest Gump! Classic movie! But hey, running burns calories right? haha Well family I love you all!!!!!! Thank you for EVERYTHING!!! I love being a missionary! It is the best eva! So many blessings come from it and I love seeing miracles and getting my prayers answered every day! God is real. The atonement is real. Miracles are real. xoxo :)
 
Love,
Sister Callie Firth :)
 p.s. Sister Mills and I in Glasgow with our friend from Africa, Sister Caswell and I with our flowers, and me in front of the commonwealth games poster! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment